e-Waste is an ever-growing problem
e-Waste is growing faster than any other type of waste, with an annual volume close to 40 million metric tons globally¹. That's 88,200,000,000 pounds! The projected growth this decade is mind-boggling. A 2010 UN² study reports that the growing amount of e-waste could grow exponentially - as much as 500 times over the coming decade. That adds up to over 44,100,000,000,000 lbs!
Image Microsystems helps solve this problem
We bring new life to idled IT assets by refurbishing and remarketing them. But when electronics must be recycled, our end-to-end solutions coupled with our technology leadership ensures your e-waste is recycled the right way! You can rest assured that your electronics never end up where they shouldn't. Your brand is safe with us because:
- We maintain a strict zero landfill policy
- We practice a no overseas dumping policy
- We conduct Department of Defense 5220.22M compliant multi-pass hard drive data erasure
- We offer complete on-site destruction
- We provide open indemnification and certificates of destruction and recycling
- We are ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, and OHSAS 18001:2007 certified
- We are Responsible Recycling (R2) Certified
e-Waste plastic makes up a large percentage of all e-waste!
Plastic accounts for 23% of all e-waste¹. That's over 10 trillion pounds of e-waste plastic. But that plastic is not good for the environment, because it contains UV inhibitors and brominated flame retardants. This makes that plastic virtually non-biodegradable in landfills.